Imagine yourselves walking through a garden filled with those pink roses that emanate the mystic smell all around. Such is the feeling that you get while using Shesha Ayurveda’s Rosewater. Emperor Jahangir in his autobiography has mentioned it as that there is “no other scent of equal excellence… It lifts the spirit and refreshes the soul.” Rosewater was part of the beauty regimen of women from time immemorial. The scent itself is soothing to the mind and body apart from its many other beneficial uses.
Rosewater is beneficial for mental health. According to ayurvedic texts, it helps balance the ‘Sadhaka Pitta’ that governs our emotions. Apart from this, Rose is considered the tridoshic flower, as it can balance Vata, Kapha, and Pitta dosh. This ensures that we can use rose water for all people.
The widely accepted fact is that rose water was discovered in the East ( Iran). While rosewater came from East, the ancient Ayurvedic acharyas here, in Kerala were using it as a paste to balance the doshas. The West was involved in poems and stories about the rose. Some used it in cuisines. This shows the magic spell cast by rose in all parts of the world.
The process of rose water preparation is simple involving least ingredients. Fresh rose petals are cleaned and distilled with steam. Shesha Ayurveda’s Rosewater is produced from fresh Damask roses of Kannauj (the ancient distillery city of India). The process of steam distillation for rosewater preparation is called deg-bhapka.
Perfume house at Kannauj, India
The people of Kannauj, rise early to pick the rose petals and the petals are sent to the distilleries the same day.
Careful selection of good quality petals manually takes place as the first step of rosewater preparation.
The rose petals are added into large copper vessels called deg along with a little cold water. This is heated, allowing the distilled water to convert to steam.
As the steam passes through the rose petals, it slowly releases its scent.
This steam then passes through copper pipes to a sealed container and continuously cooled with cold water. The vapor is condensed due to cold water and is collected in another container called bhapka.
The rosewater collected is then transferred and undergoes UV filtration to remove microbes, making it suitable for use.
The entire process of Shesha Ayurveda’s rosewater preparation is carried out at the local artisan facility in Kannauj. These people are experts in the field and do it traditionally with handed down to generations. They monitor the entire process and ensure that the subtle aroma is not destroyed during the manufacturing, resulting in the alluring rosewater.
The advantages Shesha Ayurveda’s Rosewater offers
Rosewater is used as part of the beauty regimen due to the numerous advantages it offers. They are
- It hydrates the skin giving it a natural shine
- Helps soothe the skin, reducing redness, acne, etc
- Acts as a cleanser removing dirt and oil
- Rosewater acts against cuts and wounds preventing infections
- Regular use results in a healthy skin
The pharmacological aspects
Rosewater has the following pharmacological aspects
- Aids digestion
This simple product with minimal ingredients serves many purposes. Some of the benefits of rosewater are
- As a Facial Mist: Rosewater is soothing; it soothes the skin and can be used during summers as a facial mist.
- As hydrating face mist/toner: You can use Shesha Ayurveda’s rose water both as cleanser and toner as it can remove all impurities from your skin. This natural products cleans the skin and maintains the pH of the skin.
- For Face packs: As rose water is suitable for all skin types, it can be mixed with other ingredients to form a face pack.
- As a refreshing Body Mist : Can be used as a body mist and also can be spritzed all over face and body as often as required
- Ours is an Edible grade pure Rose Water. Our Rose Water can be used as a flavoring to enhance your food and desserts & beverages etc
Shesha Ayurveda’s rose water is prepared from the fresh rose flowers of Kannauj. The roses are handled safely and distilled to bring out the essence of the roses. This authentic product from Shesha Ayurveda serves all the benefits mentioned above. Why waiting, Buy the best alcohol-free rose water from Shesha Ayurveda and experience the magic of pure Kannauj Roses